Blackwell are interested in hearing from those with an environmental remediation background to join our team at Southall, London. All levels of experience and qualification will be considered.
Please click ‘apply’ to send us a copy of your CV and any other information relevant to your environmental remediation experience.Apply
The Senior Quantity Surveyor is a valuable and important member of the site team who plays an important part in securing the commercial and financial success of the business by managing the company’s commercial procedures and securing the planned commercial outcomes.
The scope of the role varies with the size and complexity of the work and the post holder may be responsible for a section of a major project or may be the sole commercial representative on a more compact scheme.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor’s duties comprise supporting the project and divisional management by controlling the delivery of commercial activities on time and to the required standard to deliver the agreed project outcomes.
Initially the successful candidate would be based at our A14 site in Cambridge, moving to other site locations with the business following completion of the project.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy and the ability to communicate clearly at all levels.
- Accuracy and efficiency in commercial reporting to exacting timetables.
- A proficient user of MS Office software and system based cost accounting regimes.
- An experienced user of NEC Contracts with a detailed understanding of the procedures and the obligations required.
- Experienced in highway and infrastructure construction preferably with strong and recent earthworks exposure.
- Skilled in the identification and differentiation of contracted scope and additional work.
- An appreciation of the importance of cost control and cash management.
- The aptitude to positively represent the business at all levels.
- An enthusiasm for supporting and developing junior colleagues.
- Skilled at risk identification and management.
- Experienced at handling programme data and generating reports in industry standard software.
- Empathetic client facing and negotiation skills.
- A willingness to undertake and deliver ad hoc projects.