Blackwell are interested in hearing from those with an environmental remediation background to join our team at Southall, London. All levels of experience and qualification will be considered.
Just click ‘apply now’ to send us a copy of your CV and any other information relevant to your environmental remediation experience.Apply Now
The Senior Quantity Surveyor is a valuable and important member of the site team who plays an important part in securing the commercial and financial success of the business by managing the company’s commercial procedures and securing the planned commercial outcomes.
The scope of the role varies with the size and complexity of the work and the post holder may be responsible for a section of a major project or may be the sole commercial representative on a more compact scheme.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor’s duties comprise supporting the project and divisional management by controlling the delivery of commercial activities on time and to the required standard to deliver the agreed project outcomes.
Initially the successful candidate would be based at our A14 site in Cambridge, moving to other site locations with the business following completion of the project.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy and the ability to communicate clearly at all levels.
- Accuracy and efficiency in commercial reporting to exacting timetables.
- A proficient user of MS Office software and system based cost accounting regimes.
- An experienced user of NEC Contracts with a detailed understanding of the procedures and the obligations required.
- Experienced in highway and infrastructure construction preferably with strong and recent earthworks exposure.
- Skilled in the identification and differentiation of contracted scope and additional work.
- An appreciation of the importance of cost control and cash management.
- The aptitude to positively represent the business at all levels.
- An enthusiasm for supporting and developing junior colleagues.
- Skilled at risk identification and management.
- Experienced at handling programme data and generating reports in industry standard software.
- Empathetic client facing and negotiation skills.
- A willingness to undertake and deliver ad hoc projects.
We are looking for experienced Supervisor's (Ganger) to supervise a team of Plant Operatives on a daily basis and to oversee a certain task or operation on a project. The Supervisor will report to the Foreman and ensure that all instructions are followed with regards to daily operations and Health & Safety requirements.
- To deliver an effective briefing to Plant Operatives on daily basis.
- Escalate issues raised from employees at daily briefings to Foreman. In the absence of the Foreman, report issues to the Senior Project Manager.
- To receive the Permit to Work and brief to all members of the team, ensuring they are briefed accordingly.
- Day to day supervision of an individual team to ensure safe and productive working.
- Complete accurate allocation sheet recordings and times on a daily basis.
- Ensure all members of the team adopt good time keeping in relation to commencing works and taking scheduled breaks.
- Report to the Foreman unauthorised leave and sickness absence of individuals promptly, ensuring all information is provided.
- Report to Foreman where required of individual personal problems that are deemed necessary to escalate.
- Prompt reporting to line manager of all Health and Safety incidents that take place.
- To proactively identify risks to line manager.
- To Deliver Tool Box Talks and safety briefings when required.
- To consistently mentor, encourage and provide guidance to team members.
- Identify potential talent in the workforce where individuals can be upskilled and provide information to support recommendation, where required.
- SSSTS Qualification
- Previous experience in Plant Operations
- Holds a valid CSCS card.
- Patience and diplomacy to ensure collaborative approach
- Previous supervisory experience
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative to prioritise own workload.
- Problem Solver
- Health and Safety conscious